Wednesday, June 4, 2008

What a Difference a Month Makes

Hello everyone - sorry I am a super slacker and there hasn't been more on here lately. Most of you know how I am: the less I have to do, the less gets done; the more I have to do, the more I get done...tales of tragic irony as Christopher would say : ) The good news is, we are now only half unemployed and uninsured, but still fully homeless (in that we haven't bought a house yet sort of way...I assure you we are not living on the streets of Boise!)

Anyways, things are great in Boise! We both really like it and the more we explore, the more we find to like. For anyone considering a trip out here (!) we have LOTS of great restaurants to bring you to. We took a motorcycle trip up to the local ski mountain, Bogus Basin, this week, and it was a nice trip (Chris went very slow up the mountain) and we got to see lots of wildflowers.

Over the weekend, we took the dogs to a very nice dog park and let them run around for a while - they loved it. It was just like being at Grandma's house in Middleburgh except there weren't any chickens to kill for Ursa, and instead of Jordan trying to hump Kendall, another little dog followed him around all day trying to mount up...is it wrong that it made me laugh?? They came home tired and slept for the rest of the day, which was nice!

I have been sending out a zillion resumes, and have had two interviews so far - nothing concrete but I have a second interview with a chiropractor for today in about an hour. It seems like it would be a good fit for me, he is looking for a receptionist, but I think I might be able to get some massage clients from him, maybe even at his office...we'll see! Think happy thoughts because this not having a job crap is driving me nuts - ask Chris, he'll tell you!

We also have been looking at a lot of houses. A great number of them smelled terribly and I walked out as soon as I walked in (I am looking at houses during the day while Chris is at work, ruling out the yucky ones, and then we have been going back to look at the good ones together later). I don't want to say too much in case it doesn't work out, but we may have found something that would be just about as close to perfect as it could be for us. Again, please think happy thoughts!

Well, that about it for now, I have to go get pretty for my interview! Pictures soon, I promise - Idaho is beautiful and there are all sorts of funny local things to show you. Happy Wednesday everyone!

No comments: